Wednesday, 09 May 2012 06:22
Games - Games
|← Diablo III: Claim Your Mark of Valor ASAP!||Final Fantasy VII and XI feature heavily in the next Famitsu →|
Zynga is taking French game publisher Kobojo to court for what they claim is trademark infringement. What exactly infringed on Zynga’s territory? Kobojo’s use of ‘Ville.’
The complaint, filed by Zynga in San Francisco on Friday, takes issue with a game released by Kobojo for Facebook in 2011 called PyramidVille.
"Facebook users are likely to believe, erroneously, that PYRAMIDVILLE is a member of Zynga's 'VILLE Family of Games,” wrote Zynga in their complaint.
"Zynga's "Ville" family includes many well-known games, including FarmVille, CityVille and CastleVille, and the "Ville" suffix is strongly associated by gamers with Zynga," said Zynga in a statement on the matter. "Given Kojobo's refusal to change their game name, legal action was necessary to defend our famous marks and prevent player confusion."
Zynga’s attempt to tradmark the word ‘Ville’ has recently stalled in the U.S Patent and Trademark Office, although the company claims that it has "consistently promoted the 'VILLE Family of Games together as a family, identified by the distinctive 'VILLE suffix."
Source: GameranxQuote this article on your site
To create link towards this article on your website,
copy and paste the text below in your page.
Zynga is taking French game publisher Kobojo to court for what they claim is trademark infringement. What exactly infringed on Zynga’s territory? Kobojo’s use of...
© 2013 - Screen Rave
|< Previous||Next >|
- Fullbright Company Announces its First Game
- Diablo III Game Guide Gets Some Updates
- Resident Evil 6 Returns Series to its Survival Horror Roots
- Tales Series to Get Sequel Announcement in June
- Amazing Spider-Man Gets Playable Stan Lee as Pre-Order Exclusive Content
- Final Fantasy VII and XI feature heavily in the next Famitsu
- Assassin's Creed III Pre-Order Bonuses Detailed and Illustrated
- Buy Starhawk, get the original Warhawk free
- "Leaked" Black Ops II screens are from Blacklight Retribution
- Microsoft Patents Xbox Controller with Pressure-Sensitive Signature Personalization