Monday, 07 May 2012 21:44
Games - Games
|← Max Payne 3 Comic Series: Issue 1 Released||Tiny Wings Developer to Finish New Game Very Soon →|
The world of MMORPGs has seen a huge amount of criticism over the past year, with titles like World of Warcraft: Cataclysm and others failing to meet par for the course in what has come to be a never-ending dinner buffet of discontent among MMO fans.
Wow – that was a mouthful...
Anyways, Cryptic Studios has decided to assume the risk of alienating long-time Dungeons and Dragons fans by switching to a more “fun” control scheme.
Lead producer at Neverwinter, Andy Valasquez, spoke to MMORPG.com about this shift in development ideas.
“There are awesome blurby things that I can, and often do say like ‘we looked at the trends in the market’ or ‘we saw the potential of being the first F2P Action MMO’ that explain why we went down this road,” said Valasquez.
“But, there is also my personal favorite reason: because it’s a whole lot of fun.”
Apparently, the new control scheme was the most ideal way to go forward with development in Neverwinter.
“After much iteration and playtesting we ended up picking this control scheme because it was the most fun. Done and done,” he said.
It appears Cryptic Studios has taken notice of the negative criticism MMOs have seen. This could be a step in the right direction, or a jump into the fiery pits of MMO-failure.
When Neverwinter releases later this year, will you be giving it a shot?
Source: GameranxQuote this article on your site
To create link towards this article on your website,
copy and paste the text below in your page.
The world of MMORPGs has seen a huge amount of criticism over the past year, with titles like World of Warcraft: Cataclysm and others failing to meet par for the course in what has come to be a...
© 2013 - Screen Rave
|< Previous||Next >|
- Tetsuya Nomura: "It's about time" for Kingdom Hearts' Console Return
- Spec Ops: The Line Demo Launched on PSN, Xbox Live
- Prototype 2 Colossal Mayhem DLC Out Today
- The Binding of Isaac: Wrath of the Lamb DLC Release Date Announced
- Max Payne 3 Comic Series: Issue 1 Released
- Tiny Wings Developer to Finish New Game Very Soon
- Playstation Vita "Crystal White" Model Coming Soon
- Wreckage Mod now has Standalone Version for Crysis Wars
- Dark Legends now Available for iOS
- The Testament of Sherlock Holmes Dated For September