Friday, 04 May 2012 15:38
Games - Games
|← The Gang's All Here: THQ Announces Saint's Row: The Third Expansion||XSEED Localizing Ragnarok Odyssey and Orgarhythm →|
The Sons of Skyrim have spoken. And some are none too pleased.
While The Elder Scrolls Online may have just been revealed yesterday, a backlash came hard and fast. While many are excited at the possibilities, many feel the MMO loses what makes The Elder Scrolls special, reports Gamesindustry.biz and they're letting Bethesda know over on the Beth Blog.
Some feel the series strength is making it's player the sole hero while others worry this will delay development of further titles or DLC for Skyrim.
The MMO is being made by a different studio entirely (ZeniMax Online) so the latter fear should be assauged.
For me, ES Online just sounds very by-the-numbers. It sounds like it will satisfy the most ardent of fans (or at least, the ones who need and ES MMO for whatever reason), but it won't really distinguish itself. And I imagine that's more the fault of when it started development as opposed to a lack of creativity. The industry's tastes and trends at large have changed quite a bit since 2007, but the situation is understandable.
The Elder Scrolls Online is currently set to release in 2013 on PC and Mac OS.
Source: GameranxQuote this article on your site
To create link towards this article on your website,
copy and paste the text below in your page.
The Sons of Skyrim have spoken. And some are none too pleased. While The Elder Scrolls Online may have just been revealed yesterday, a backlash came hard and fast. While many are excited at...
© 2013 - Screen Rave
|< Previous||Next >|
- English primary school heads hate Facebook, Smart phones, Porn, Video games
- Go Behind The Apocalypse With Lollipop Chainsaw's Creators
- Assassin's Creed III: Benjamin Franklin, Development, and More
- Analyst Believes Diablo III Will Sell Only 3.5-Million Copies by Year's End
- Game of Thrones Gameplay Video Shows Various Gameplay Elements
- XSEED Localizing Ragnarok Odyssey and Orgarhythm
- THQ Going Booth-less at E3 2012
- Jaffe Praises God of War: Ascension Multiplayer
- Happy May the 4th [The Old Republic]
- Over the Top Diablo III Desk Setup