Tuesday, 01 May 2012 15:48
Games - Games
|← Diablo III: International Players Can Play Together With Global Play||Mortal Kombat Launches for the PS Vita Today →|
Last week it was reported that Rasmus Hojengaard made a very controversial statement in an interview with CVG. He basically said that consoles which blocked used games would be "awesome".
From a business perspective that would be absolutely awesome. It's weird that [second-hand] is still allowed because it doesn't work like that in any other software industries, so it would be great if they could somehow fix that issue as well.
In response to this I got up on my proverbial podium and preached away. Many other gamers and Crytek fans did as well apparently. Hojengaard is now running with his tail between his legs because of the backlash, claiming that his comment was not meant to be taken seriously.
My comment made in the interview released on the 24th of April, touching upon 'blocking sales of used games', was not intended to be taken seriously nor representative of the opinion of Crytek.
A typical copy and paste statement probably whipped up by Crytek's PR. Either way we have made our stance known. You would think that the video game devs and publishers would know how powerful we gamers as people can be but they just keep surprising me.
I'm glad that Hojengaard/Crytek have realized that the statement Hojengaard made was a no-no. It should stay that way and other game companies should learn from it and realize that we are not as stupid as we look.Source: Game Politics
Source: GameranxQuote this article on your site
To create link towards this article on your website,
copy and paste the text below in your page.
Last week it was reported that Rasmus Hojengaard made a very controversial statement in an interview with CVG. He basically said that consoles which blocked used games would be "awesome". From a...
© 2013 - Screen Rave
|< Previous||Next >|
- Amnesia Developer Discusses the Horror Genre
- Three-Hundred People Are Working on Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Trailer Unveiled
- Treyarch Studio Head: "Black Ops is its own thing."
- Nintendo's Iwata Speaks on Digital Distribution VS Retail
- Mortal Kombat Launches for the PS Vita Today
- Pokemon Regional Championship Victors Announced
- Darkrai Distribution Event To Occur On May 9th
- Dawnguard Announced for Skyrim, Due for Summer Release
- Diablo III: Monk Support Skill Guide