Tuesday, 24 April 2012 01:33
Games - Games
|← Mass Effect 3 Composers Upset by Improper Credit||Serious Sam 3 Splashes Onto the Mac →|
BioWare writer Daniel Erickson said today that server mergers are a possibility with the game's dwindling population.
Speaking in an interview with PC Gamer, the writer admitted that the massively multiplayer game faced low user concurrency numbers on many of its lightly populated servers. He said that while the possibility of a merger existed, the studio isn't making it a priority just yet.
The studio, he said, was doing "anything and everything" to keep players subscribed to the game—which perhaps explains the company's decision to give away a free month of subscription[Joystiq] to players with characters above level 50 in recent weeks.
“Nothing is off the table when it comes to making sure our communities are strong and active on each server,” said Erickson.
He added that the company's priority right now would be to add more "quality of life features" into the game. On that note, BioWare plans to add a "robust" group finder in the next update.
The next few months will see how well SWTOR manages to fare.
Source: GameranxQuote this article on your site
To create link towards this article on your website,
copy and paste the text below in your page.
BioWare writer Daniel Erickson said today that server mergers are a possibility with the game's dwindling population. Speaking in an interview with PC Gamer, the writer admitted that the...
© 2013 - Screen Rave
|< Previous||Next >|
- Skype App Heads to the PlayStation Vita
- Dungeonland's First Developer Diary Explains its Origins
- Crysis 3 Preview: A Sandbox Environment Built for Hunters
- Crysis 3 Official Trailer Revealed
- Mass Effect 3 Composers Upset by Improper Credit
- Serious Sam 3 Splashes Onto the Mac
- PlayStation Store Update Adds Dragon's Dogma Demo, Walking Dead Episode 1
- Trials Evolution sold 100,000 copies day one
- "Xbox DOES infringe on Motorola Patents," preliminary ruling decided
- Sunny and Solidus making a return for Revengeance