Thursday, 19 April 2012 22:38
|← 'N---as In Paris' Producer Hit-Boy Has Plans To Rap||Rihanna Preps Fancy Footwork For 'Where Have You Been' Video →|
Fan-directed video stars grade schooler rapping lyrics to West song.
By Gil Kaufman
Sometimes there's no reason to wait for the real thing. We have no idea if Kanye West is planning on shooting an official video for his Kim-Kardashian-crush note "Way Too Cold" (originally titled "Theraflu").
In the meantime, director Ashley Smith has jumped into the breach, posting an unofficial clip for the song on his Vimeo page on Thursday that, well, just kills it. The can't-look-away video stars a ridiculously cute half-pint reportedly named Caleb as Kanye and the kid is a star. As he struts the streets with his leggy blonde companion (holding her hand at first, awwww), mini 'Ye rips the song's lyrics, yes, even the four-and five-letter ones in a video that is the viral opposite of one of West's typically high-concept, arty pieces.
His swagger is unmistakable as he moves through Manhattan past some of Yeezy's favorite luxury New York outlets while his companion shakes it for him. All the while, Caleb keeps it cool behind some shades and a mini leather jacket, aping the lyrics by throwing up the Roc to prove his allegiance.
And, then, for reasons known only to Smith, actors wearing Donald Trump, Condoleezza Rice, Ronald Reagan, George W. Bush and Sarah Palin masks pop up, posing menacingly on the street, that is when they're not grinding on each other. How ridiculous is the kid? At one point he pulls off a flawless split, his hand triumphantly up in the air before breaking into a coughing fit as Theraflu pours out into a measuring cup.
"Me and Kanye West went back in the lab and we made another record and got some features on there too," Khaled said, without revealing too much about the next tune. "I can't really talk about it, so expect another monstrous earthquake to hit the streets."
Source: MTVQuote this article on your site
To create link towards this article on your website,
copy and paste the text below in your page.
Fan-directed video stars grade schooler rapping lyrics to West song. By Gil Kaufman A scene from Ashley Smith's "Way Too Cold" video Photo: Ashley Smith Films Sometimes there's no...
© 2013 - Screen Rave
|< Previous||Next >|
- The Wanted Want Your Vote In Battle Of The Boy Bands
- Justin Bieber And Selena Gomez 'Not Engaged,' Rep Says
- Wiz Khalifa, Mac Miller, Kendrick Lamar Bring Worlds Together On Tour
- 'N---as In Paris' Producer Hit-Boy Has Plans To Rap
- Dear Beyonce: Why We Love You Till The End Of Time
- Rihanna Preps Fancy Footwork For 'Where Have You Been' Video
- Dr. Dre Hopes Jimi Hendrix, Marvin Gaye Follow 'Pac As Holograms
- 'American Idol' Report Card: Joshua Ledet Soars, Phillip Phillips Scores
- Ted Nugent Gets Secret Service Visit After Obama Comments
- Dick Clark Was Times Square 'Icon,' Visitors Say