Wednesday, 11 April 2012 08:08
Games - Games
|← Snapshots: Making Virtual Memories||Quake 4 Getting Re-Release Says Bethesda →|
While meandering around youtube I stumbled upon the video above. It is apparently a new video game that the Yogscast has commissioned studio Winterkewl Games to develop a “Yogventures” game. They even have a kickstarter to boot. So here's a few details about the game:
- Beautiful, randomly-generated game worlds that are different every time you start a new Yogventure
- Fully shapeable terrain - with the ability for players to raise a mountain range or create a vast ocean; you can effortlessly shape your world however you imagine it
- A wealth of novel building materials, creatures, NPCs and items
- A rich underground to mine and explore - bristling with rare outcroppings of gems and crystals, hidden tombs and dark underground terrors that drop rare weapons and loot
- A fully-fleshed out crafting system
- An in-game physics engine that will even effect the blocks you place in your creations
- The ability to customize your own unique avatar or play as one of your favourite Yogscast characters
- Easy-to-use in-game modding API including in-game scripting
- Ability for modders to have a chance to get their work added to the game
- Regularly released video updates from the developers including the latest feature additions
Whoah! This sounds like an amazing game. I'd play....wait a minute....this game sounds familiar. OH RIGHT! Most of these are things that you can already do...IN MINECRAFT. Sure there are better 3D graphics and it's easier to mod the game but c'mon guys. If you're going to make a game then do something original. It's one thing to take off on the coat tails of Minecraft's success by making videos about the game, but to make a game that's basically almost an exact clone is grabbing those coat tails and ripping them off the person's coat.
It is admirable that these two are paving the way for Joe Schmoe's to live the dream and make their own video game, I would have liked for the Yogscast to pave that road with their own ideas. Oh well, I wish them the best in their endeavour regardless and hopefully, dear readers, if you want to make a video game you'll be able to achieve that dream soon enough.
Source: Yogventures Kickstarter Page
Source: GameranxQuote this article on your site
To create link towards this article on your website,
copy and paste the text below in your page.
While meandering around youtube I stumbled upon the video above. It is apparently a new video game that the Yogscast has commissioned studio Winterkewl Games to develop a...
© 2013 - Screen Rave
|< Previous||Next >|
- Massive Attack Producer Neil Davidge Scores Halo 4
- Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition Confirmed for PC
- Vita Goes Freemium with Treasures of Montezuma
- Skyrim owner trying to trademark 'Fus Ro Dah'
- Snapshots: Making Virtual Memories
- Mass Effect 3 falsely advertised, says BBB
- Quake 4 Getting Re-Release Says Bethesda
- So Brave: Ron Paul Revolution Game Gets Kickstarter Funded
- Resident Evil 6 to Feature 3 Splintered Narratives
- Super Mario 4 Coming This Year?