Wednesday, 28 March 2012 07:47
Games - Games
|← Binary Sunrise - Looking Forward to an Eastern Game for a Western Market||Epic Mickey 2 Gets European Release Date →|
Word would have it that the PlayStation 4 is months away from getting an official reveal, but that hasn't stopped Kotaku from learning some juicy details about the as-yet-unannounced console.
The site has gotten wind that the PlayStation 4's codename is "Orbis" and that it's apparently equipped with an AMD x64 CPU, and runs an AMD Southern Islands class GPU for its graphics. The report is in line with what we've been hearing about the PS4 so far.
Kotaku reports that the Southern Islands GPU is the codename given to AMD's high end graphics cards of 2012 and that games running on the Orbis or PS4 will support resolutions of up to 4096x210 and that it will be capable of playing 3D games in 1080p.
They attribute the report to a 'reliable source', which can only be one of the many developers currently working on a game for Sony's next generation platform.
We can expect to hear more details about the PlayStation 4 at E3, assuming they announce it.
Source: GameranxQuote this article on your site
To create link towards this article on your website,
copy and paste the text below in your page.
Word would have it that the PlayStation 4 is months away from getting an official reveal, but that hasn't stopped Kotaku from learning some juicy details about the as-yet-unannounced...
© 2013 - Screen Rave
|< Previous||Next >|
- Far Cry 3: Amazon Pre-Order Exclusives Revealed
- Mozilla Releases HTML5 Game BrowserQuest
- Max Payne 3 Multiplayer Details Unveiled: Bullet Time, Gang Wars and Payne Killer
- Binary Sunrise - Looking Forward to an Eastern Game for a Western Market
- Next PlayStation to lock out used games - Report
- Epic Mickey 2 Gets European Release Date
- Used games raise prices, threaten industry - Dyack
- Two Misconceptions About Space Marine
- New Pandora's Tower Trailer With Game Play Out
- Aggregate Herald - Early Edition 03.28.12: Heavyweight Champions