Thursday, 22 March 2012 06:49
Games - Games
|← Namco Bandai May Have Plans to Localize Tales of Xillia||Ridge Racer Unbounded Showcases Basic and Advanced City Building →|
Have you ever wondered if we would truly ever be able to play video games in true holographic 3D? The Nintendo 3DS has started this revolution but isn't really true 3D, it's only a gimmick. Even 3D t.v.'s are nowhere near this concept for you have to use 3D glasses to gain even a sub-par 3D experience. However, what if we were already working on the technology to make holographic 3D happen? It just so happens that Dr. Tim Wilkinson is doing just that, with nanotechnology.
In the video above we can see microscopic (in nanometers) pixels that are using nanotechnology. Now while it may not seem like much, I'm sure the end result will be something extraordinary. Think of the possibilities of holographic gaming. Motion based software combined with this technology would revolutionize the gaming industry. The Elder Scrolls games and sandbox games like it will be taken to a whole new level. You would actually be able to interact, almost, physically with the NPC's and the world around you. Even games like Mario and Jetpack Joyride would take on new life. This really excites me as I've always dreamed of that day that I could physically interact with video games. The Kinect, Wii, and Playstation Move have started that dream, I hope that I live to see the day that the dream becomes fully incorporated into reality.
Source: The Atlantic
Source: GameranxQuote this article on your site
To create link towards this article on your website,
copy and paste the text below in your page.
Have you ever wondered if we would truly ever be able to play video games in true holographic 3D? The Nintendo 3DS has started this revolution but isn't really true 3D, it's only a...
© 2013 - Screen Rave
|< Previous||Next >|
- GameStop digital sales surge 57 percent
- Top 10 Most Wanted 3DS Games of 2012
- LittleBigPlanet Karting Announced
- Vanguard Goes Free-to-Play This Summer
- Namco Bandai May Have Plans to Localize Tales of Xillia
- Theatrhythm Final Fantasy coming West this summer
- Ridge Racer Unbounded Showcases Basic and Advanced City Building
- Milla Jovovich Wants to Appear in a Resident Evil Game
- Portal Shoes: Just What Your Wardrobe Needs
- Next Xbox could ship in fall 2013, digital-only unlikely - Analyst