Monday, 19 March 2012 06:05
Games - Games
|← Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Stats Revealed||The Great Battles of Skyrim: The Siege of Markarth →|
Here's something retro fans might be excited for: NeoGeo X. If you haven't heard of it, it's basically a new NeoGeo. If you still don't know what that means, just look at the picture up there. It's a portable game system that plays NeoGeo games. You'll have to Google NeoGeo if you are too young to know what that means.
The system comes with 20 games pre-installed, which is pretty cool. It's got a 3.5 inch LCD screen, A/V out, a headphone jack...basically all the things you would expect. Some of the games in the launch library include such awesome games as Metal Slug, Fatal Fury, and The King of Fighters.
Jason Cooper of Blaze (the manufacturer) had this to say: "The NeoGeo console has always been a personal favorite of mine and I am delighted to be involved with the development of this new handheld console. We hope to reignite the excitement many of us felt 21 years ago, in a more affordable manner, to a much wider audience."
So, what is 'more affordable'? You'll want to sit down if you aren't. The price is...
£500. That's five hundred pounds. Nearly $800 American.
I don't mean to be that guy, but who is going to be buying this thing? That's WAY more than a 3DS or a Vita...more even than the brand new iPads and high-end Android tablets. I'm a big fan of retro gaming, but I couldn't ever justify that price just to play some games on the go that I could buy for a few dollars on PSN and play at home.
Or, you know...get the ROMs for free. Not that we condone such a thing.
Source: GameranxQuote this article on your site
To create link towards this article on your website,
copy and paste the text below in your page.
Here's something retro fans might be excited for: NeoGeo X. If you haven't heard of it, it's basically a new NeoGeo. If you still don't know what that means, just look at the...
© 2013 - Screen Rave
|< Previous||Next >|
- Parker Lewis Can't Win: The DLC Issue
- Bioware considering changing Mass Effect 3 ending
- New Dishonored Screenshots Portray Visceral Combat, Well-Dressed Gents
- Japanese Box Art for Pokemon Black and White 2 Revealed
- Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Stats Revealed
- Capcom Pursues Players Who Use Unreleased On-Disc SFxT Content
- Notch Working on a Space Adventure Game?
- EA shutting down over a dozen game servers
- Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City [First Mission]
- MapleStory gets Alliance Unbound update