Monday, 12 March 2012 05:46
Games - Games
|← Stunning Destruction-based Physics Engine Demonstration||Toki Tori 2 Trailer →|
ArenaNet, creators of Guild Wars and the upcoming Guild Wars 2, have put together a manifesto of their game design in Guild Wars 2. The studio put together a video to explain their ideals and philosophies as well as an accompanying blog post on their website.
"It sometimes feels like our industry has thrown the baby out with the bathwater," ArenaNet's Mike O'Brien writes. "When you play an RPG, you want to experience a compelling and memorable storyline. You want your choices to matter. You want your actions to leave their mark on the world. Let’s start demanding those things of MMOs too."
The developers go on to criticize the formulaic, and boring gameplay mechanics of existing MMORPGs and vow to make deliver a proper RPG experience with their upcoming game, which is slated for PC release later this year.
Source: GameranxQuote this article on your site
To create link towards this article on your website,
copy and paste the text below in your page.
ArenaNet, creators of Guild Wars and the upcoming Guild Wars 2, have put together a manifesto of their game design in Guild Wars 2. The studio put together a video to explain their ideals and...
© 2013 - Screen Rave
|< Previous||Next >|
- Judge Sides with Activision Against West-Zampella, Dismisses Fraud Charge
- XBLA Achievement Limit Increasing
- DOTA2 Celebrity Character Cast
- BioWare Responds to From Ashes DLC Complaints
- Stunning Destruction-based Physics Engine Demonstration
- The SkyrimBall Z Mod
- A Gentleman's Game
- Comparing Kara With Her Female Counterparts
- Minecraft in Three Minutes
- Previously on Alan Wake: What Can Video Games Learn from Television?