Wednesday, 29 February 2012 04:41
Games - Games
|← Nintendo Rejects Binding of Isaac for 3DS||Baldur's Gate Teaser Site Hints at Impending Announcement →|
It’s no secret that video game retailer GAME has run into some financial woes, resulting in head office layoffs. The retailer today confirmed that they will not be fulfilling pre-orders of Mass Effect 3, and a memo that has surfaced from within the company that suggests other Electonic Arts titles may be on the chopping block.
Eurogamer today obtained and published an image of what appears to be a company-wide memo, which reveals that FIFA Street 3, Tiger Woods 13 and Sims 3 Showtime may also not be stocked by the retail group -- including Gamestation. Eurogamer has also been told that the last EA title to be stocked by the retailer will be SSX.
So what’s going on? "We currently have a supply issue with regards to Mass Effect 3, which means that GAME and Gamestation will not be able to fulfil orders for Mass Effect 3 at this time.” GAME said in a statement.
“...We appreciate that this is disappointing for our customers, and we apologise sincerely for the inconvenience that this will cause. We value the loyalty of our customers very highly and as a gesture of goodwill we are providing the following:
- Customers who have pre-ordered in store, will have the opportunity to add £5 worth of Reward points to their card if they visit us from today through to 16 March 2012.
- Customers who have placed a deposit for the title will receive refund as well as the £5 worth of Reward points between 1 and 16 March 2012.
- Customers who have pre-ordered online, will be provided with an online voucher to the value of £5 to be spent on any purchase on our sites.”
GAME staff have informed Eurogamer that refunds will be given in store credit rather than cash.
This is very concerning news given the state of the GAME retail group at the moment. Is this really a supply issue, or something much more serious?
Source: GameranxQuote this article on your site
To create link towards this article on your website,
copy and paste the text below in your page.
It’s no secret that video game retailer GAME has run into some financial woes, resulting in head office layoffs. The retailer today confirmed that they will not be fulfilling pre-orders...
© 2013 - Screen Rave
|< Previous||Next >|
- Xbox Live Gets HBO Go on April 1
- PSN Down Tomorrow
- PSN going offline for 'significant maintenance' tomorrow
- Facebook is Making You Look Like a Terrible Gamer
- Mojang Releases Minecraft 1.2 Preview
- Nintendo Rejects Binding of Isaac for 3DS
- Baldur's Gate Teaser Site Hints at Impending Announcement
- Return to Sender: Why Dear Esther is a Valuable Failure
- Pokemon Awkward Charbone?
- Killzone 3 Multiplayer Free-To-Play Trailer