Friday, 24 February 2012 10:55
Games - Games
|← Proposed Oklahoma violent-game tax bill defeated||Bungie founder heading up new core mobile game studio - Report →|
Blizzard game director Jay Wilson assures fans that game is in "great shape" but stops short of saying launch plans announcement will be "soon."
After Diablo III's most recent delay two weeks ago, many have been left wondering just what is going on with Blizzard Entertainment's anticipated action role-playing game? Only good things, assures game director Jay Wilson, who took to Blizzard's forums to say that a release date for the title can be expected in the "near future."
"The latest full build we've been testing here in the office is in great shape," Wilson wrote in his letter to the community. "We get a lot of sympathy from the other teams because of the long hours of crunch our design team is putting in, but the secret is that playing through the game as we do final tuning, bug fixes, and optimizations is a real joy."
"We think you're going to love Diablo III when it's released, and speaking of release plans, you can seriously expect a launch-date announcement from us in the near future," he continued. "See, I didn't say 'soon,' so I'm not taunting you. You'll know as soon as I know for sure the exact date."
Diablo III will be the first release in the infernal action role-playing game franchise since 2001's Diablo II: Lord of Destruction. Though Blizzard has yet to offer an official release date for the game, it has bypassed a number of targeted release windows, including the end of 2011 and the first part of 2012.
The game is currently scheduled for release during Activision Blizzard's April-June 2012 quarter. For more information, check out GameSpot's previous coverage of Diablo III.
Source: GameSpotQuote this article on your site
To create link towards this article on your website,
copy and paste the text below in your page.
Blizzard game director Jay Wilson assures fans that game is in "great shape" but stops short of saying launch plans announcement will be "soon." After Diablo III's most recent delay two...
© 2013 - Screen Rave
|< Previous||Next >|
- Guild Wars 2 beta attracts 1 million applicants
- Bungie founder heading up new core mobile game studio - Report
- RE: Operation Raccoon City Gets PC Release Date and Heartwarming New Trailer
- Syndicate Dev Takes a Shot at Piracy with a Tongue-in-Cheek .NFO File
- Grasshopper's Sine Mora Arrives March 21
- Want a Spot in the CS:GO Beta? It's Survey Time
- Introducing Industrial Toys, a New Studio by Halo Creator
- Proposed Oklahoma violent-game tax bill defeated
- The Silver Screen Treatment - Why Fans and Producers Should Rethink Demand for Videogame Movies
- RE: Operation Raccoon City infecting PCs May 18