Tuesday, 10 July 2012 21:52
Games - Games
|← Final Fantasy Creator Finishes iPhone Game||Kinect PlayFit Offers Fitness Tracking an Achievements →|
The UK Parliament has determined that the PEGI age rating system will become the country's sole rating system by July 30.
Currently, PEGI is used to determine age ratings in the UK as well as the BBFC system if the game contains more mature content. According to this new decision, the PEGI system will become the only rating system enforceable by the state. This means that retailers will be forced to observe the age restrictions placed by the system or face prosecution.
“To prepare for the transition to the new system, we’ve already held PEGI briefing sessions to make sure that the industry is clear about what these changes will mean for them," said UKIE CEO Jo Twist.
“We very much believe that the sole adoption of PEGI will provide clear and consistent direction on age ratings for parents and will be a vital tool in helping them to understand the types of games that their children should be playing.”
Source: GameranxQuote this article on your site
To create link towards this article on your website,
copy and paste the text below in your page.
The UK Parliament has determined that the PEGI age rating system will become the country's sole rating system by July 30. Currently, PEGI is used to determine age ratings in the UK as...
© 2013 - Screen Rave
|< Previous||Next >|
- Vivendi Seeks Buyers for Activision Blizzard: Microsoft, Tencent and Time Warner Named
- Source Filmmaker Now Available on Steam, Make Your Own Movies
- Halo 4 Armor and Helmets Detailed
- Rumor: Mass Effect 3 "Earth" Multiplayer DLC Details Leaked
- Konami Finally Adding Trophy Support to Metal Gear Solid 4
- Kinect PlayFit Offers Fitness Tracking an Achievements
- Diablo 3 Commodities Are Now Live in the Real Money Auction House
- Little Inferno Gets a Creepy Teaser Trailer
- OUYA Encourages You to Root Away
- Final Fantasy Creator Finishes iPhone Game